Position: TYS - Direct Support Professional
The position will provide individualized supports to TYS (Transitional Youth Services) guests to increase their ability to live independently and in keeping with the overall goals and objectives of Fraser, Ltd to ensure quality and implementation of services.
Fraser, Ltd Overview:
Established in 1893, Fraser Ltd., by charter is the oldest human service agency in North Dakota. Our mission is to provide support to children, youth and adults on their life's journey to independence. Fraser fosters the development of functional academic and independent living skills which are person centered and age appropriate. A variety of residential services are available for individuals over the age of 18 who require subsidized housing. We employ caring, responsible, and compassionate individuals on our team of over 300 professionals.
Direct Support Professional - Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and at least 18 years of age. Prefer a minimum of two year's college course work and sufficient training to work as a team member in providing a program that assists people in developing a sense of well being and skills that enable guests to learn and function with greater self sufficiency and independence. Prefer a minimum of one year's experience working with transition age youth. Ability to relate to management, peers and people supported. Established time management skills and ability to organize workload.
Direct Support Professional - Responsibilities:
- Provide support to TYS participants while demonstrating positive peer interaction.
- Assist in the preparation of meals and provide hands-on training to TYS participants.
- Complete assigned cleaning tasks.
- Refer program participants to Therapeutic Case Manager for formal needs assessments and on-going case planning and management.
- Inform program administers of programming needs by contributing to program needs lists.
- Attend meetings for administrative, supervisory, and program planning meetings.
- Records daily census, daily programming logs, supply donation documentation, kitchen documentation, and cleaning.
Please download and complete application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.